Sunday, September 12, 2010

I love Skype!

Skype is amazing! It allows me to see my husband through out this year long deployment which has brightened my spirits many times. It is so comforting sometimes just to see his face. I love how even when we have thousands and thousands of miles between us I can tell what he means just by the look on his face. I honestly wonder sometimes how couples did it "back in the old days" when all they had were letters, which took months to get back to their love. But sometimes skype can be a curse...sometimes it leaves me feeling more sad than anything! I guess sometimes just seeing him on a computer screen just isnt enough, and it often makes me realize how long it will actually be until I can see him in person or hold him in my arms again. I guess that is where skype has left me tonight. We just finished talking and I felt so sad when we had to hit that "end" button. But then when I think back on the conversation that we had it makes me smile because I know that we had fun talking to each other. I am very thankful that James and Connor get the chance to see each other (even if Connor doesnt understand yet) since they havent actually got to meet in person yet. I know James enjoys it a lot.


All in all we are good...I know its been a while, I've kinda got my hands full :). I booked mine and Connor's trip to Arkansas for November 12 - January 4...Hope to see you all while we are there!!!


2 comments:

  1. We would love to see you both when you arrive in Arkansas. Keep us posted and let us know when you arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would love to see the Ritchie family! I remember coming to see miss Caroline when she was about Connor's age and I didnt even know how to hold a baby!! haha!!

    ReplyDelete